Image 01 Image 02 Image 03 Image 03 Image 03 Image 03 Image 03 Image 03 Image 01 Image 02 Image 03 Image 03 Image 03 Image 03 Image 03 Image 03

Sunday, August 1, 2010

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY
9 YEARS    (AND COUNTING....)

August 1st, 2001 marked the beginning of Lickel Architecture.  There were three of us at the beginning....me, Mark and one office manager.  We ran on a peer-to-peer computer system (kinda) with no network, used 3.5" disks as back-ups, and the office was located in Lenexa.

A lot has changed over the course of 9 years, and it's been one heck of a rollercoaster ride.  We've grown from 3 to 13 in staff, moved our office to the lively River Market, jumped into the digital age with a fairly complicated network server we've dubbed "Darth Vader"... however, we've been able to keep the same 'family style' firm it was when I arrived 9 years ago. 


Me signing and sealing my first set of drawings!!!

I would like to give a special thanks to Steve Holloway.  Without him, Lickel Architecture would have never come to exist.  He is a great architect, mentor, and friend who has shaped me into, not only the business owner/architect, but the man I am today.  After retiring and moving to Florida, he took up a new interest... please check out his link http://www.floridamosaicman.com/

I'd also like to thank my staff (success has come a little easier when I'm surrounded by such talented people), my clients (for staying with me through good times and bad), and my wife (who might be the only one who truely understands the sacrifice it took to make this a reality).

....here's to many more years to come!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment