Image 01 Image 02 Image 03 Image 03 Image 03 Image 03 Image 03 Image 03 Image 01 Image 02 Image 03 Image 03 Image 03 Image 03 Image 03 Image 03

Friday, June 23, 2017

Summer Intern series: Sam Bradley






Name: Sam Bradley
Hometown: Omaha, NE
University and year: University of Kansas, 4th year in the 5 year Master of Architecture program.
Pets: I have a Westie named Ivory who is almost 12. I adopted her 2 years ago from the Nebraska Humane Society.
Perfect weekend: Wake up late, go shopping, then spend the afternoon at the lake, and finish the day off with a bonfire in my backyard.
Most watched show: At the moment, it’s Shameless, but overall is probably The Office, or Friends.
Summer or winter: Fall is actually my favorite, but I love summer thunderstorms
Fun Fact: My great grandpa invented the ski lift.
Dream Super Power: Teleportation. That way I never have to commute anywhere ever again
Favorite Holiday: 4th of July, because my uncle lives in a neighborhood that has a huge block party / bbq every year. There’s also a free outdoor concert at a nearby park every 4th of July that attracts thousands of people, and displays a huge fireworks show at the end of the concert. Some of the neighbors have golf carts that they decorate red white and blue, and shuttle people back and forth from the concert. When it gets late enough, and we’ve finished setting off fireworks, they let us race the golf carts, and ride around on them. I look forward to this day all year.
Ever left the country? Yes. Three times. This summer I traveled all over Europe for a month with 20 classmates for a study abroad trip. We saw Italy, Slovenia, Austria, Czech Republic, and the Netherlands. Before that, I’ve been to Italy, France, and London.
Favorite studio at KU: Last year my design-build studio renovated an area inside the Art and Design hall on campus. Within our scope of work was a cafĂ© space, an art supply and coffee shop, a classroom, an art gallery, and a conference room. We spent 2 months on the design, and 5 months on the build. Now I know how to build a wall, finish concrete, install sliding glass doors, etc…
Salty or sweet? Sweet. Brownies are my weakness
Mild or Spicy? Spicy. I used to hate spicy things, but as I’ve gotten older, I prefer things to have a little kick.
Cats or dogs: I’m a cat lady at heart, but I’m too allergic to own one
 

No comments:

Post a Comment